Thursday, May 2, 2013

Machu Picchu


Wednesday May 1st                                                               

We were up at 4, breakfast at 5 and caught the train at 6. This really an efficient and money making operation. It cost about $200 to go for a day. Every train is full. Everyone has a reserved seat up and back.

After about and hour and a half on the train we all got on small buses. The buses go up a steep switchback dirt road to the site



When we arrived we chipped in for a guide. It is on a beautiful setting and they have done a great job restoring and preserving it. Jan thought it was a shame that they spent 70 years building it and were only there for 100 years. I thought it was a great experience seeing it but I had seen so many photos and videos of it that it was almost like I had been there before. I have always enjoyed being out where the people are more than historical sites.








We returned to the hotel after dark. It was a long day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment